Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 22, 2011 Dear Dad

Hey Dad,

Thanks for writing. I just heard about the stuff happening in Japan, and I found a full story on the Church website. Really sad stuff. I hope everyone back home is doing alright. I am worried about Sean.

By the way, your 5-page letter is pretty difficult to respond to. Mom hasn't even written as long a letter.

I have been trying really hard to keep fit. We have gym time almost every day, so it's nice being able to run. (I don't even need a companion because it's indoors) and being able to lift weights. I lost about 5 lbs. when I got here, but I have been teetering on about 187.5 lbs. It's really hard to eat healthy around here, and that is probably my only concern. Every Elder has cookies and candy from home as well as soda. I even scored a couple cans of the caffeinated "hard stuff" Mountain Dew. I plan on using it as a type of bargaining chip--haha.

I don't mind you telling me about news over here; it doesn't really bother me. But talking about guns? Now that's just torture. I miss the AR-15 and others, but that is just a sacrifice I have to make. Oh and it would be cool if I could get some pictures in the mail. Maybe one pic of me with an AR? It couldn't hurt, right? I wouldn't think it would be as distracting as a picture of a girl (which everyone in my district has except for me and my companion). I guess I am one of the smart ones.

Well that's all for now. I'm glad you all are doing alright back home, and it's good to hear from everyone. Keep the letters coming!

Bis Später,

Elder Trevor Joseph Baker

Oh and enclosed is a picture of what we draw as a districkt. (German spelling--not intentional)

No comments:

Post a Comment