Friday, May 20, 2011

May 18, 2011 Emails to Mom, Dad, and Aunt Glenda combined

Guten Tag!


Hey! So my Pday this week was changed to Wednesday for some training meeting, so this week has been pretty crazy. I will agree with you that time is going by very quickly. Its almost scary.

Cool about Katie's prom.

And I guess the big news back home is that Romney is leading some of the polls against Obama, the middle east STILL is crazy, and there is always one car at home not working.

I also heard something about archaeologists in central america somewhere finding some kind of Gold plates? I am sure you know how quickly THAT kind of information can get around missionaries.

And yes Döner is good. Basically it is calf and lamb meat which they shave off a massive cooking hunk and put it in bread. They then put sauces and vegetables in it. Its really good.

My companion is actually Elder Mayle, and he is from Windsor CO. He is pretty funny. He is into music and everything like I am except for running.

We do a good deal of tracting but its not as effective as working with the members. I was in Duisburg yesterday and we did tracting almost all day. It really depends on the area.

As for the people, they are generally closed off to religion or even talking about it. They do not like churches at all, but that doesnt mean that they dont have any kind of faith. Most people believe in God but dont really want to have anything to do with a church.

We do cook a lot of meals, typically pasta and bread with meat and cheese. I tried some really expensive cheese yesterday which was amazing.

Oh one quick thing about sending packages. Dont send packages to my address. I would have to sign for it and I wont be at the apartment because I will be out being a missionary. So all the packages should be sent to the mission office. I dont know what that exactly is but I am sure you have it. So if you could just put that info out on FB or something that would be cool. Danke!

Oh and the Brötchen is really good. Its the same idea as a Baguette but smaller. The idea of crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It was really good putting expensive cheese and meat on them. I still havent been to a Fleischerei or a butcher. It should be soon though.

We still drop by the family from Spain every week. They are super cool, I am about to tell them to add me on Facebook. Haha.

So that's cool that the APs are still in Matthews ward. Our APs are still in Frankfurt. Cool stuff.

There is just so much going on. Well, I will talk to you all later, I still have to send a letter to my Mission President.

Tschau! Love you all!

Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment