Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012 Saar

Well, here I am in a new city. I am in Saarbrücken right now. The area is actually for the entire state of Saarland. So basically, there are 2 Elders for the entire state. That's like 2 missionaries for the state of Vermont.

I guess the joke about this end of the mission is that we are in the bottom left hand corner where no info gets in or out. It's basically the black hole, kind of the opposite of how Wesel was, except ironically, Wesel was even more geographically separated from the rest of the mission. Haha.

Well, my comps name is Elder Wilkinson. He is from near Manchester and a pretty funny guy. We get along great and we have fun doing it. I don't really know what else there is to note... I will just stick with the questions for the filler material.

Yeah, this past week had been crazy busy with riding on trains all day and stuff. I don't think anything really cool has happened other than we had an eating appointment and one of our investigators has a baptismal date. Oh, something else to note is that I am in one of the nicest internet cafes I have ever been to.

Grammie´s Questions:

1. Do you watch General Conference in your ward building via a satelitte?
Yeah, last year we went to the Nürnberg stake center and watched it in another room in English. I hope that's what we do this time. I don't think I can pay attention that long in German.

2. Have you heard of any earthquake activity in Germany?
No, I really don't hear anything.

3. Will you have to learn some French?
No, I don't have to. But I wouldn't mind learning a little bit more than I know right now. It would help when ordering baguettes or something.

Baker Family Questions:

1. Can you bring me a cookie? (Katie to Emma) We miss your cookies Trevor : )
hah.

2. What is your favorite German Cookie? (Mom)
I don't really like German cookies. I really like the baked goods and pastries. We will see how the French stuff holds up to the German stuff.

3. What kinds of cookies are there in Germany? (Mom)
They are usually knock offs of Oreos or Chips Ahoy. The only German stuff are things like Shortbread cookies which are really big during Christmas time.

4. How is your new companion? (Mom)
He is way funny. He is from England. We are going to have some good times.

5. Is he cute? And is he going to BYU? When does he get home? (Katie)?

Don't start being an RM chaser. A mission is good, but it's not everything. You should see some of the kids that come out here...

6. Can you send us a note of all the rules to Yu-Gi-Oh? (Colin)
Oh boy, maybe. I would have to think about how to play it. Google might be your friend here. Get katie or someone to help.

7. Where is your companion from? (Grammie)
He is from Manchester England. It's some tiny place near it, but I can't remember.

8. Is the German in Saarbrucken different? Do you hear any French? (Mom)
No, not really. People tend to speak a little more clearly though. It's convienient.

9. Does your mission president ever come visit you out in the field? (Mom)

hah, no. He is one of the busiest men I have ever met. I don't know how he has time to sleep.

10. Who are the elders in your district now? (Mom)
Let's see, I am in a 4 man district. There is Elder Bateman and Elder Romieill Elder Wilkinson and me. The other Elders are in the Bittburg American ward.

11. When will you send more pictures? (Mom) I loved the last ones you sent. I'm putting the one of you near Holland up in the hall with your missionary plaque.
Probably when I take more pictures. I am working on making a little time for that.

12. Can you get pictures on your email and can you print them out? (Mom)
I would rather just have you email them. I can put them on a memory card and take it to a photo printing shop. It's pretty cheap.

13. Would you rather me send you pictures in the mail to the mission home or email you pictures? (Mom
)
Just send them to me.

14. How is your email working out? (Mom)
I am loving it. It's so much easier than switching back and forth.

Sorry this week doesn't have much, but it's something right?

Love you guys, and have a great week. BTW I am almost at 13 months!

Elder Trevor Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment