Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 26, 2011 Still Greenie Elders!! HaHa

Transfer calls already this week? Time is going by fast!

So this week was pretty good. Elder Jongejan and I have had a lot to do and have been really busy, which is good. The sad thing is that I can't remember what we really did last week and I have even started to write them down. Well let's see what we have got...,

So first off Elder Jongejan and I were looking for a place that sells pens and envelopes. We found a possible place called "Paulos Buchhandlung." We were like sweet! So we walk right in and I start to see pictures of the Pope and some other religious things. Then this Nun walks by and asks if she can help with anything. I thought "That makes sense now." Everything clicked. Then some old lady cornered me off and started talking to me with a thick Bayerisch accent (I to this day do not remember what she said) and all I got out of it was, "It's nice to see people laugh and smile, the old folks home is horrible." Something to that effect. Well they didn't have any pens or envelopes so we walked right out, and thought about how that may look. A couple of Mormons walking out of a Catholic bookstore. Haha, we are such greenies out here.

We had another good week of ward soccer night. I didn't break or injure anything this time though! But we still played hard and our investigator told me that I am an attacker... funny. Haha.

So a couple of nights ago, Elder Jongejan was trying to fix a light bulb. (he is way tall, the perfect person to do it) and he twisted in in the socket and it made some cool purple and green looking sparks. That was way fun. Missionary apartments are always a blast.

So as far as my care package, I got aunt Glenda's but I didn't get yours. Don't feel bad about me not getting it. (It's probably a good thing so I don't get any fatter than I already am(+ 20 lbs)) And as far as Christmas goes, just use that money to pay for that month. I don't really need anything. I am however, excited for the package whenever I get it.

Zone Conference was pretty good. I really enjoyed listening to all the new ideas that are being tossed around. The more and more I learn and stay here, the more and more I become aware of missionary politics. Dont worry though, I am not going to complain about that. I can honestly see it impeding the work though. Just saying.

Well I don't really know what else happened this week. We had some good appointments and some not so good ones but that comes with the job.

Have fun back home and try not to have too much fun without me.

Love You!

Elder Trevor Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment