Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011 Staying in Krefeld

Well this email should make up for the really short one last week. There was a TON of stuff that happened last week.

First of all, I went to Wesel. FINALLY. I have been hearing about Wesel for the past 2 transfers and I hear it is awesome. And it was. So I was working with Elder Holzer and we had a great time.

So Elder Holzer is a really good missionary. Way awesome. Probably the most energetic person I have seen in the mornings. He has such an appetite for work.

Anyways, we went to a place called Franks Hood. Basically it is a refugee camp for people from all over the world. My first thought was, "This looks like Boy Scout camp." Run down buildings but incredibly resilient people. We taught like 3 lessons there.

My experience with our Macedonian man (who still wants to get baptized) came in handy as I had learned a few words and was able to communicate using primarily hand signals and simple (broken) German. Elder Holzer did an awesome job keeping things on track too.

So Wesel is a little north of Krefeld and it was 99.8% destroyed in WW2. They actually held a meeting trying to decide if they want to rebuild Wesel in the same place or in another location. So the story goes.

Then the next day, I went up to Düsseldorf to work with Elder Telfer who actually trained Elder Liebelt my MTC companion. He is definitely a great worker and we had a couple of lessons while I was there.

We taught James, a progressing investgator, in English as well as having a member present. The members name is Boahine. He is from Africa and is a King. Yeah thats right, I had a member lesson with an African King. He is very knowledgeable about the scriptures and can quote from memory verses at will in at least 2 different languages. Epic.

Now when I finally got back to Krefeld we got transfer calls. Elder Mayle is leaving Krefeld. (FINALLY) and I am staying. My new companion is Elder Birth. He is currently in Gelsenkirchen. I don't know how he works or anything but I hear he is pretty cool.

So we also had Sommerfest on Saturday which was pretty sweet. Free food and hanging out with people from the ward? I'm there. I will put up some pics and a couple videos.

The game we were playing in the pictures was Settlers of Catan. It was so much fun. We actually have one in Krefeld. Its so awesome!

Well, I need to go and upload videos and pictures. I will talk to you later!

Oh and by the way, Zone Conference is going to be either the first or second week in August. Just fyi.

Love You guys!

Elder Trevor Baker

Oh and I was just wondering if I should go out and get some kind of ipod. Elder Mayle is leaving and I don't have any music. I was going to look around and see if I could find one. Just let me know. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment