Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011 Learning Some Lessons

Hey Guys!

This week was pretty cool. I found some teachings of the prophets books in English which was cool. I read a lot in the one from Wilford Woodruff. I definitely learned a lot from it.

So I have about 4 ish tips for people.

1. Dont share ultra spiritual experiences with others. Those are for your own edification.
2. When someone shares a spiritual experience, stirve and pray to obtain the spirit so that you may learn from it as well. It probably means that they wanted you to feel the same thing that they felt when it happend.
3. As one continues to study and live the gospel, the more he or she wants to share it with others.
4. Dont ever brush off an "ah ha!" or epiphany moment from someone. I guarantee that you can learn from it too.

So as I was reading in the Teachings of the Prophet Wilford Woodruff book and I felt impressed to do a better job at keeping a journal of things that come to me. I have always been pretty bad at it but now I feel like I can keep it up out here.

This week is the last week I spend with Elder Mayle and or Krefeld. I find out where I go next and who my next companion is on Saturday.

Oh, interesting thing happened on Sat. We were on our way back from Kempen after a fallen out appointment and we got to Bahnhof, and we saw JWs everywhere. After some inquiring, we found out that there was a massive conference in Dortmund for a couple of days. Anyways, we started to get surrounded by about 15 of them and we could see that they were coming in for some kind of bash (so we assumed). So applying some clever body language, we blocked them off from coming up and talking to us. We could see them pointing and making imaginary name tags with their hands at us. We got out unscathed fortunately. Just another day in the war between good and evil.

In other news, we had a cool appointment with Frau Dernelc. She calls us her grandsons. We keep teaching her about the Book of Mormon and I even shared some pics from back home. She sends her greetings and loves how happy we look. She thinks dad is way cool for being a pilot too. She said she always wanted to be a flight sterwardess, but she became a nurse instead. She is a way cool lady and maybe I can send a picture or two home.

I got all the birthday wishes and the ecards too. Thanks guys it was really nice!

The only thing that I wish was different out here is that I wish I could go running every now and then. It's pretty rough going from almost every day to twice in 3 months. It's really hard. That's definitely the most difficult thing out here for me. I can handle not being at home, or with fancy electronics, but not running is definitely a sacrifice that I have had to make.

Sorry for the little venting at the end.

Love you guys and I cant wait until next week!

Elder Trevor Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment