Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 11, 2011 New Mission President and German Ice Cream!

Hello!

So this past week has been pretty cool. It was my birthday which was interesting and to a point didn't feel like it, so don't feel too bad. Haha

We actually had an eating appointment with the Bree Family and it went really well. They even made me a cake. Elder Mayle and I are trying to work with the members under the direction of the new mission president, who is AWESOME by the way. He talked a lot about meeting with members and showed us its importance.

I actually had my interview with him on my birthday which was pretty cool. He is so cool. He reminds me of a grandpa kind of figure. His wife even gave me a Lindt chocolate bar. It was delicious (of course).

If you can believe it, transfer calls come in a couple of weeks. That means I am no longer a newbie and I could potentially be leaving this area of the mission. I really hope I stay though. I love my district. Especially Elder Hogan and Elder Peterson. They love movies just about as much as I do and love doing awesome stuff like, getting JW material and destroying it so it doesn't get into the hands of people searching for the truth.

Just a little bit of an update on our Serbian investigator, we met with him and he said he wanted to get baptized. So we were like, can we set up a date? and he said he wanted to wait until his son gets married. ... We need a translator really bad haha.

I dont think you got a picture, but I actually cut my own hair. I buzzed it just like you did to Colin. Haha it looked alright but I was just lazy so I did it myself.

Not much else happened this week, but it was still good. I will try and write down some of the things that happen in District meeting and throughout the week.


Love You!
Elder Trevor Baker


P.S. This is the only new picture I took. Its called Spagetti Eis. Basically its the most delicious ice cream I have ever had. It was vanilla Ice Cream and Kiwi Sauce and Kiwis. It's a good thing this place is right next to our apartment. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Holy mackerel that looks good!! I want to try that!!

    ReplyDelete