Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 10, 2012 Christmas is Coming!


Christmas is coming and sometimes I can't wait until it has come. This season is the most stressful time of the year especially for missionaries. We are just beat up by all of the things going on around here.

Sometimes I think we need breaks, and Pday sometimes doesn't cut it. To be honest, I can't wait until the new year.

There certainly is a lot on my plate right now, and I am still debating what I should tackle first. Here is a good idea of what's going on:

1. Apply for Fall Semester (somewhere) for school
2. Concentrate on the missionary work here
3. Finish planning everything going on in Gera for the next 2 months
4. Write a talk and come up with a couple other lessons.
5. Finish anything else I need to do before I leave Germany.

I guess number two is an ongoing thing while I concentrate on everything else. Anyways...

Questions!

1.  So how are you and Elder Turner doing? Pretty well. 


2.  When are you going to send me a picture of you two? When I get the photo from the Lees in Jena.

3.  How did your Christmas singing go at the Market on Thursday? 
Great. We got a lot of good publicity from it.

4.  What songs did you sing? A list of about 15 songs. 

5.  Were they all in German or were some in English, too? Both

6.  Are people being more willing to listen to you talk about Christ since it's the Christmas season? Nope.

7.  Do you see many nativity scenes in Gera? No way.

8.  What are you going to be doing for p-day? Well, we have an appointment with Martin. And I am thinking about what I still have to do this month.

9.  Do you think you will have a dinner appointment for Christmas? Oh we already have a calendar up on the board in the hall. It's almost full.

10.  How have you been finding investigators lately? No, that's the hardest thing in this city. We got a referral though.

11.  Any news about how many new missionaries you may be getting in your mission since they changed the age for service? There will be a lot coming in. I don't know the specifics.

12.  What is a piece of advice that you have gotten from your mission president that has really stuck with you? Oh gosh, I can't recall anything right now. 

13.  How big are the stakes over there (geographically)? Not very large. Probably the same as back home. I have a skewed sense of size in Europe.

14.  Did you have any experiences this week that you'd like to share? Nothing that I can think of in the moment.

15.  What is church like for you on Sundays? It depends on the Sunday. Sometimes it's really long, and other times it goes by really quickly.

16.  Do you and your companion do anything special at church like teach a class or pass the Sacrament, etc.? Well, in Gera we bless just about every week. 

17.  You said your ward only had a few members in it.  It seems really small.  Why do you think that is so?

18.  So do you think you'll be in Gera for your last area? Or do you think you will be transferred?

19.  Have you gotten your new bed yet? No.

20.  What happened to the old one?  How did it break? Well it creaks every time somebody moves on it. It wakes the other person up because its a bunk bed.

21.  Have you heard from any of your old companions?  What's new with them? Well, Tyler Mayle is at BYU and other than that, I haven't heard anything.

22.  How are your investigators? They are doing well. We are taking things at a comfortable speed with them. I think both of them will eventually get baptized. But these things take time. 

23.  What is your favorite thing to teach people about? Everything. I haven't really thought about what I like to teach people. I just cover everything.


-- 
Elder Trevor Joseph Baker
Kirche Jesu Christi
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Corneliusstrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment