Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012 General Conference


I think I will start with questions this week!
 
1. So what did you think about the new ages for missionaries? Well, just a couple of thoughts. First I think it's a good thing for a lot of the young men. I think what will happen is that a lot more people will leave before they are ready.

2. Where did you watch General Conference? 
I saw it actually in Werdau which is close to Zwickau. We spent the night in Werdau twice. It was fun. I ended up sleeping in a Duvet cover because they didn't have any blankets. Haha.

3. Is President Uchdorf coming to Germany with President Monson? 
I don't think so. I know he makes regular visits to his home ward in Darmstadt. I have met many members here who knew him as a child.

4. How long do you get to stay in Berlin? 
Most likely for a day. If I am there for any longer, I will probably end up staying at the temple. That's pretty unlikely though.

5. I heard that President Monson is also going to Frankfurt and a few other places in Germany. Will the missionaries in your mission get to hear him in Frankfurt? 
Yes. The missionaries in the Stakes surrounding Frankfurt are invited. The missionaries on the outskirts of the mission (like me), are invited to go to other cities such as Hamburg, and Munich. I get to go to Berlin though. I am excited to hear what's going to happen. I am also stoked to see some MTC friends.

6. What did you hear about transfers? Are you staying in Gera?
 Yes, I will be staying in Gera. My new companion will be Elder Anderson the current Zone leader in Jena. No, I will not be a Zone leader. They are splittng up for some reason. It may be to cover more of the Zone.

7. Is this Elder Birth's last p-day in Germany? 
Yeah, he doesn't even want to write home. He is way excited though.

8. When do you go to Berlin? October 14th.

9. What were some of your ideas you shared with your mission president? 
They were simply a bunch of ideas as to what we can focus on in the area. For example an English Class or using the current presidential debate as a possible way to get people interested.

10. Have you taken any more pictures? 
Yeah, I will see if I can send them to you today.

11. Did you clean your apartment? ...Not yet. Haha.

12. Has it gotten cold yet?
 It's getting there. I am starting to wear a jacket all the time.

13. What plans do you have for your p-day?
 Well we just got back from Werdau and we will be doing some more logistical things before Elder Birth goes home.

14. Do you want to apply for any schools by December 1st? 
I am still thinking about that.

15. What was the best thing you ate this week? 
Probably at a lunch appointment with some of Elder Birth's relatives. (They come from Werdau.) It was the classic German meat, potatoes, and vegetables.

16. What talks did you really like from General Conference? Elder Oaks' and Elder D. Todd Christofferson's talks.

17. Has Elder Birth given you any good advice? 
Lots actually, lots of stuff that we have both figured out over the past year.

18. What do you think Colin should dress up as for Halloween? 
He should be James Bond. That would be cool. Get him a little squirt gun and maybe even a holster.
 
Well that's about it for this week! Talk to you later!

Elder Trevor Joseph Baker
Kirche Jesu Christi
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Corneliusstrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment