Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27, 2012 Transferred!

So, the big news! Transfer 12 is over and I have been reassigned to work in Gera. That is in the East under the former communist DDR.

So yeah, I guess I am kinda sad about leaving Saarbrücken, but that means I get to know a new area. I will be in the Erfurt district and my new companion will be... Elder Birth! That's right, I get to be Elder Birth's last companion before he goes home! I still can't believe that I am serving with him again too, that's so cool I think!

I have had a great time in Saarbrücken and I will definitely miss the blessed land. I got to know a lot of really cool people, and I definitely want to visit when I come back. Oh and now that I am leaving, we got our Ward Mission Leader yesterday. Go figure. Haha.

This past week, we had a great appointment with the Escobar family from Puerto Rico (I think?) and we had a great time. I finally learned how to play poker... 

We have also had a bunch of eating appointments lately too. Again, go figure, right when I leave.

So that's about it for the newness. Other than that, it's been real, it's been fun, and it's been real fun. Saarbrücken will always be that one area in my heart... 


Questions?

1.  Did your prediction come true?  Are you being transferred? Yeah, Gera. 

2.  When you get there, tell me all about your new companion.  Yeah, its Elder Birth!

3.  Has the weather changed at all?  Its been starting to get cooler this week. I am excited for winter. I hear they are really cold in the East.

4.  Do you get natural disasters there? Uh no. The weather is pretty mild here in Saarland.

5.  Did you send your box home yet? No, not yet, I have extra room in my luggage so I will carry it around for a while. Who knows, I may just save the money and wait until I get home.

6.  Do you need anything? I am thinking about a new camera. You keep talking abot taking awesome pictures and I will be with Elder Birth who is a photography guru. I really think I am going to buy one. 

7.  Did you get to teach the investigator you told me about last time? Which one was that? Raphael, or Lea? I haven't been able to meet with Raphael but Elder Johnson probably will. Lea is under 18 and her parents are not gung-ho about meeting with us. It happens.

8.  Did you know Mitt Romney spent 2 1/2 years on his mission to Paris, France? Yeah actually. I have heard a lot of stories about him in France. 

9.  Did you do anything fun for your last P-day in Saarbrucken? Hm, I want to go to Mettlach to ge some pictures of the Saar.

10.  Have you seen any of the elders that you trained with in the MTC? I saw Elder Liebelt and Mcguire a couple of times but not often. Then Elders Johnson, Jongejan, and Baum were there the same time I was. I know a lot of the old people. Haha.

11.  Do you keep in contact with any elders that you've served with or do you just see them at zone conferences, etc? I keep in contact with them through email. Its pretty cool. Elder Mayle emails me sometimes, it's cool.

12.  How did your interview go with President Schwartz? It went really well. He has a way of making you feel inadequate though. I don't really know how to explain it.

13.  What are your goals for the next month? I am not sure yet, I have a couple of projects to finish as well as the Book of Mormon.

14.  Do you have any advice for Colin starting 5th grade? Don't play video games all the time, go outside. Haha. 

15.  Do you have any advice for Emma starting high school?  (She loves band by the way!  She said it pushes her to be better!  She's a lot like you!) Participate in lots of different clubs. It is usually really fun. 



Love you guys! It's going to be a fast transfer!

Elder Trevor Joseph Baker

Kirche Jesu Christi
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Corneliusstrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment