Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 20, 2012 It's finally HOT.

Well hello again,

Here we are, we get transfer calls on Sat. at 9. I am kinda excited because I feel like getting a new area. What I mean is I want a new area for a change, and I think it's going to happen. 

There wasn't anything momentous to report from this week. We had a couple appointments with members which went well, a couple of other fallen out appointments, and the weather here is finally hot. Like 95 with humidity hot. 

I actually helped out an eternal investigator carry some "stuff" (junk) from his car to his apartment last Sat. I will tell you, I have never seen a more horrifying, apartment/home in my entire life. It was worse than any move I have ever done, and I took a shower afterwards. I was speechless. I guess in a way that was life changing for me.

I am actually sending in absentee ballot voting stuff today, so you can go brag to Brother Ross or something. 

1.  What was the best thing you did this week?  A member knocked off one of his side mirrors scraping against another car yesterday. It was pretty epic. Haha.

2.  Where do you think you'll be transferred to next? I will be going to Nordhausen, as far away from everything that you can get. That's been the trend of my areas so far.

3.  What stuff are you going to send home? Probably my pokemon cards, legos, and a couple of books that I don't want to carry around.

4.  Who is cooking the food for the luau? Me. Hopefully I can teach a few people how to make it as well in case I leave.

5.  What was your talk about last week?  (I'm not surprised you prepared at the last minute!  haha) It was about comfort through service. (Then I went to do service for this eternal investigator. That was not comforting at all.)

6.  You gave good advice for Katie for school.  I think she will do it.  What advice do you need to give yourself right now? Uhh... I will find out on Sat. when I talk with President Schwartz! Haha.

7.  Have you heard from Sean? He sent me an email this week with the address and stuff.

8.  Any new investigators? Yeah, one just walked into church! I think he was a former investigator at some point.

9.  Carissa Simons' farewell was today, but I missed it.  Don't you think it's cool she's going to the Temple Square mission? Yeah, sounds fun. The only thing I know about that mission is that there was a time when the sisters had their own fitness studio.

10.  I like your ideas for college majors.  I could totally see you doing those.  HMMM...no question for this one, I guess. I might have a question for you though! Have you ever thought about investing? I have been thinking about it lately as a way to make money work for me. I don't know much about it so sadly it will have to wait.

11.  That's cool you got to spend time with Elder Jongejon.  Too bad he was sick.  Have you been sick before on your mission like that? Hah, no way. I have always been the healthy one. Of course that's never helped me when I wanted to get out of school.

12.  What fun things do you have planned for your p-day? Uhh. Groceries? I guess that's fun. We might mix some things up with what we buy, you know to stay on my toes. Haha.

Well have a great week!

Elder Trevor Joseph Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment