Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 9, 2012 Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Well for starters, this week has been the longest busiest week I have ever had. I was in like 5 different cities doing a myriad of different things like splits, district meetings, and trying to get back to Saarbrücken.

My week started like this: We went to Kaiserslautern to do a split because Elder Wilkinson needed to go to Frankfurt for some kind of training thing. Then I stayed the night with Elder Harty in Ramstein. We have a good time and go finding the next day with the Ramstein Elders. It went pretty well. Then we are told by the Zone leaders that we need to get to Idar Oberstein to switch back. I end up buying a 25 euro ticket to get there. We get there at like 9:30 and wait for the other Elders until 11:30. They finally get there, and they say that we need to get to a place to sleep because Idar Oberstein doesn't have any room. So instead of taking an hour long train back to Saarbrücken, we drive for 40 minutes back to Kaiserslautern because we would get home faster. We get back to Kaiserslautern at 1:15 am and then get up the next morning to take a train back to Saarbrücken. Then the next day, we take a 2 hour train up to Bittburg to attend a baptism and then another 2 hour train back. We got home at 11:30. Then by this time it's Friday. I am still wiped out from the jacked up sleep schedule.

Other than that, this week was good and because of the crazy travel stuff, I am not sure what happened this week or last week. I also gave a talk on Easter Sunday, and it was pretty good for starting it on Saturday night. I honestly didn't think I had time to write it. I didn't have a chance to type it up, so you probably wont get it for a while.

The weather has taken a turn for the worse around here. We have started to get rain, and it's not longer shorts weather anymore. In spite of that, I am wearing shorts today.

Questions:
1. So how are things in Saarbrucken? Have you made it over to France yet?
Things are going well, our main investigator is progressing slowly. He takes correction well, which is good. I have made it to the border, but we haven't had the French Elders over yet. Hopefully next Sunday.

2. How was your week with splits in Bittsburg?
So we had a split planned for this week but because of transportation reimbursements, we have to wait until next week. I will probably be with Elder Bateman in Saarbrücken.

3. What do Germans do for Easter?
They don't go to work because it's a holiday and I am pretty sure they just go to church and then stay home. Unfortunately, we didnt get any eating appointments with members, so we went to McDonalds with the Bittburg Elders after district meeting.

4. Is the language in Saarbrucken different from other places you've been?
No, mainly it's just the accent that is different. Sometimes I hear French, and sometimes I hear English from some of the Africans.

5. How is your German? Any problems?

I don't really talk much, but it's not that bad.

6. Do you dream in German yet?
Yeah, lately I have been dreaming in German all the time.

7. Are you taking your vitamins?
Uh... no. haha.

8. Do you have allergies over there?

Just with cats. I developed it when I was in Nürnberg.

9. Do you have the same wattage for electrical appliances over there or do you have different kinds of plugs? No, all I know is that I have to use a transformer and then an adapter.

10. How many weeks until Mother's Day?
Uhh, I have no idea.

11. Will you get to skype home again like you did for Christmas?
Maybe, if the internet cafe is open then. I will definitely try to get skype set up so I can talk during that week.

12. How long has Elder Wilkinson been out?
He is 2 transfers older than me, and he is hitting his 18 month mark soon.

13. How long does it take you to walk to church now?
We take a bus. It's about 15 minutes.

14. Did you have any great teaching appointments this week?
We had a good appointment with some members in Ramstein. That was cool.

So yeah, basically, I am way tired and I want to take a nap for Pday today. Yeah, that's about it.

Thanks for emailing and stuff.

Elder Trevor Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment