Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 16, 2012 Wesel is so cool!

Well another week has gone by... I didn't get an email from Mom this week, but that's ok. I know she didn't forget! Haha.

Can you believe that I am already in the 4th week in the transfer? Time is going by so fast! And I know many of you guys think it's not going fast enough!

So because I live underneath a Gamestop, I decided to check out when Mass Effect 3 was coming out in Germany. It won't come out until the 9th of March. That's not too bad, only a year after I leave right? No biggie. Anyways, that's my trunky moment of the day.

So of course the new challeges with getting into a new area, is dealing with a new companion. Things can get rocky sometimes, as some of you may know, but it's nothing that anyone cant work out. Communication is key, and I feel like I would be lost without it. Sometimes communicating with my companion can be a little...frustrating, but I guess it's something I just need to work with and have patience.

Well, the area of Wesel is by far the coolest I have been to. It is however, the hardest to work in. I dont know whether it is the amount of people living in Wesel or just coincidence, it's hard, people really don't want to listen.

The ward however is so legit. It is really big for the area and really excited for missionary work. Lots of members have been introducing their friends to the church which is way awesome. We started doing what is called the First Mission Kit, which is basically a bunch of church material that the members can use for missionary work! We have also got a few ideas from a couple of the return missionaries in the ward about holding a mini MTC which the youth can come and learn what it's like to be a missonary.

We taught a pretty good lesson in church on charity yesterday, which went really well. It was good to see some of the members help out the missionaries who can barely speak the language. Oh and I get to give a talk on the 29th of this month. Had they made it for the following Sunday, that would have been after transfers, and there would have been a possibility of me getting out of it... but, I don't have that kind of luck. Haha.

Well, we have zone conference this week, but it's only a mini one. It's only the Düsseldorf zone and not the usual combined Düsseldorf and Dortmund. Oh and I found out that the missionary that Dad trained lived in Wesel for a while and rides motorcycles. He moved to Stuttgart but he is still well known around here. It's a small world, eh? Especially when you're Mormon.

Well, it's been a typical run of the mill week. Nothing much really happens that's new... This week should be good though. I get to do a split in Krefeld and visit some people! I'm so excited for that!

Well, I love you guys! Have fun this week!

Elder Trevor Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment