Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Listening for the Spirit November 7, 2011

So what's up guys?

First off I got Dad´s email as well as Emma´s and Mom´s and Grandma´s! Thanks y'all! (I have to represent my southern twang) And the emails were nice; they help me get by week by week.

So this week has been pretty good. We definitely had a lot going on. First off, our new (ish) investigator was at a baptism! (Not hers but a kid´s) and she thought it was great! She is honestly the most (dare I say) golden investigator that we have ever had. She regularly attends church, all the activities, we are getting her involved in institute, and she has been reading (she is somewhere in Alma I think) and it's been going great. The only setback is that her parents have something against the church. That can be addressed though. We have awesome members.

On a side note, I found something very interesting out this week. We were at some kind of missionary meeting and I found out that in the school curriculum here, they teach that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is on the same level as the JWs and Scientologists. I could not believe it. However, the German govt considers us non sectarian or something like that and the govt puts us on the same level as the Catholics and Protestants. Just some interesting tid bits.

Anyways with our investigators we always see how it goes and take it from there while always listening for the spirit. It works out great. I love the way teaching works.

Anyways, back to the investigator. We had an epic joint teach with out ward mission leader and his wife. They explained points that we could not really elaborate on in German (let alone English). It was stellar. When asked if she would set a baptismal date, she said "not yet" due to her parents. So I guess we need to figure that one out.

We also had a great lesson in Priesthood this week. We taught a nice lesson on Preach my Gospel and how it applies to members as well as missionaries. (That means you all should get one; it really is good) We talked about scripture study and how we can make it more spiritual. I am of the doctrine that we learn faster through the Holy Ghost. I have seen it here with myself and as well as my companion. It's really awesome. I have learned so much. I dont think I could write everything down, even if I had the time.

Anyways, back to the Priesthood class. In Preach my Gospel there is a section about learning the language. It not only emphasizes how we as missionaries can learn the language faster, it talks about those who don't speak English. It encourages them to learn it because of how important it is to learn another language. There are also other conclusions I have drawn from that. I would have to write them down so I can send you another email next week. I made a couple of those points in Priesthood class. There was one member who was like... "Well the language of heaven will be English!" It was pretty funny.

Well, Thanks guys for sending me mail (LaShae) and I am honestly working on writing letters (honestly Pday is our busiest day).

Thanks for all the Prayers and have a good week!

Elder Trevor Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment