Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011 Showaddywaddy!

Well hey guys!

So this week has been pretty jam packed. We had a great thanksgiving thanks to some awesome members and we also had one after Zone Conference.

Our Zone conference was pretty cool. We had a seventy there Elder Kopischke or someone. He was the stake president in Nürnberg and he definitely knows his stuff. He talked a lot about changing our mentalities. He talked about how we need to change our mentalities to always finding. It was really interesting. There weren't any new insights and we had heard all of it before. It was however a change from what President Schwartz wants us to be doing which is work creatively. We had this little confusion cleared up later and we even made a few little connections in what he wanted us to be doing.

So President Schwartz was at our sacrament meeting this week which was cool. He talked about missionary work of course and had a great missionary correlation meeting afterwards with him. This is where we cleared up the confusion with Zone Conference. It was a really spiritual meeting.

So you wanted me to get my testimony down for Christmas? English or German? or both? haha. I will start to write it down this week so I can send it off next week for emails. As for that care package, I hope I get it sometime! Haha.

I finally left my area too! I went up to Erlangen with Elder Paulfreyman and we had a good time. We had a couple of good lessons reading out of Deuteronomy and teaching this guy about Christ. It was really cool.

Well, with the weather change and all, it's been really hard on my mental state. Don't worry I am not going crazy, but I am starting to get sleepy all the time and sometimes it's hard to stay focused. I am told it is because the sun goes down at 4 in the afternoon and we get up when it's still dark. It's kinda annoying but whatev. Don't worry I am taking my vitamins!

As far as my emails with President Schwartz go, I have been trying to keep my emails more on subject and keep things on the right track. I know that there are a lot of elders who only tell him the fun and exciting things ( a point he addressed at zone conference) and none of the challenges. I think that this gives an inaccurate picture of how the mission is going. Then again there are elders who give emails just complaining wanting to go home. I have been trying within the past few weeks to keep things on task as well as give him accurate information about what's going on and some of the challenges I have.

This has honestly been the hardest email to write so far. I have this pounding headache and I am really having trouble concentrating on anything. I am not really sure why. Other than that, I am doing great and trying to get past this slump.

Thanks for all the emails you all send me. I really love you guys. Thanks for all your support.

By the way, I need to buy new pants... I went to iron them on Sunday and I didn't check the temperature on the iron and it melted a nice little spot on the leg. I will check some pants out but I will wait to buy any. It feels like sometimes things just don't want to go the right way.

Well enough of that.

Until next week!

Elder Trevor Baker

P.S. A member played us this song called 3 steps to heaven by showaddywaddy and said that this is what we need to do to get home. You can google it if you want. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment