Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 7, 2011 General Conference

Liebe Familie,

Well today is Thursday, my P-day. We watched General Conference, went outside (we never do that unless we are walking between classes), made a snowman, and had April Fool's jokes, all in one week. LIfe around here gets boring, so we spice it up however we can.

General Conference was cool. It was the first time I actually watched all of it and I even took notes. The theme for the conference, as I perceived it, was all about women and getting married. I bet Stephen Allred like it--lol. When Thomas S. Monson started talking about marriage, all the missionaries in the Gym thought, NOOOO! It was faith shaking for a lot of Elders around here. We watched all of the sessions except for the priesthood session in our classroom which was cool.

We also saw the special program on the MTC. It was filmed before we got there, but I saw some people I know.

Thanks for getting me the info on Sean. I still need his address as of 4-7-11.

We also made a snowman up by the temple. (see pic) It was pretty funny.

Our April Fool's joke was pretty good, too. Elder Hunziker put an alarm clock in the vent of someone's room. That night I checked under my bed, found an alarm, and taped it to the door of Elder Hunziker before I went to sleep. We also convinced half of our district that the German missions were combining. Haha. They were even writing home about it. Haha.

The concept of time is interesting here. When you look at your schedule, you think, yeah I have plenty of time to work on letters or to go running. But when you sit down and do it, you start, get halfway through, and then don't have time to finish. It's not a matter of working hard enough, it's a matter of going through things thoroughly. It's been bothering me. I think it's the super structured life of the MTC having to be dressed up to work on certain things and not having to be dressed up for others.

The only other thing is that I never have time (or a companion) who wants to run. It gets kinda depressing. I was supposed to go running today but the Elder who was going to go flaked out. Barf. Whatever.

In a week we are going to be the top Deutchers. We are getting 30 or 31 new Germans. It seems like only yesterday we got here. I can't wait until we leave for the Fatherland.

Storytime: I was walking to the track an was wearing my German shirt. He said, "You're going to Germany?" I was like, "yea.." And he says, "Oh cool." I, being polite, asked where he was going. He said, "Mexico City." He then said, and I quote "I guess I am going to teach Lamanites, and you are going to teach Nazis." My response was after a semi long pause, "It doesn't work like that." Then I walked off. Well time for dinner.

Tschus, Love you!

Elder Trevor Baker


Trevor at the Provo Temple

American flag in the snow

Trevor at the Provo Temple

Trevor's new companion

Elder Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment