Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 12, 2012 Lots of Traveling this Week


Well, here we go!

So another week has gone by and here we are. I guess the biggest news is that Romney lost. Meh, I'm not home yet. I will deal with it then.

It was interesting that lots of members in the states are depressed about it or are refusing to discuss it. I personally feel that it should be discussed, but not in church.

I have heard countless members here who say that they like Obama over Romney and that's ok. It doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I had already made the decision not to talk about it with any members other than missionaries.

The question of WHY we should talk about it isn't a religious one, but a political one. Obviously the members who didn't like the outcome are conservative and as Americans we are told to be involved in political activities. 

If you don't like how it ended up, learn from it. Correct your mistakes and try it again. It's not like the only day to be politically active is on election day; there are other things that can be done. 

Pretty much, don't let a letdown, push you off onto the sidelines. It just means you have to work harder next time.

That's my spin for you guys.

Well, other than that, I spent a few days in other cities. I was in Weimar on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I then went to Jena on Thursday then returned to Gera on Friday. Elder Anderson got there on Saturday. Pretty much, it's been a busy week.

Oh and as a side note, the Elder Anderson I am serving with now isn't the same one from Nuremberg. That Elder Anderson already went home. 

I find out on Friday who I am getting... yay! Then transfers are next week... they certainly fly by.

1.  Do you know your exact return date yet?  (Don't check if it will make you trunky.  I can wait to know). Feb. 14th, 2013

2.  Are the winters in Germany more humid or dry? Humid. Wet and miserable.

So other than that, there really hasn't been anything special going on. Its been a stressful week but I am doing good. I will try to get some pics to you this week too.

Talk to you later!

-- 
Elder Trevor Joseph Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment