Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012 German Language Progressing!


Well, a new transfer. Transfer 11. I turn 21 in this transfer.


I got a really nice compliment from Sister Niesen today. She asked me where I learned how to speak such good German. I have been getting that compliment a lot lately. So talk about a energy boost. My companion actually said the same thing like 2 days ago. I think I finally have the language under control!


Progress with investigators is slow as always, but it's slowly moving forward.


In the case of less actives, we have made significant spade work with the day of invitations on Sat. The high Council and some people from the stake came and we visited around 100 less actives. We came into contact with a lot of them and are now in the process of compiling all the data so we can update the lists. There are of course people who don't want to be bothered and have asked for their names to be removed, but things like that happen.


Yeah, other than that, this week has been packed full of riding in trains getting to district meeting, going by less actives, and having a few appointments with our main investigators. It's been rather busy, but that's good.


1.  How is your new companion?  What's he like? 
My new comp is pretty cool. He just came from Wetzlar. He is a pretty big guy, he used to play football for college in Utah. For the life of me, I can't remember what school it was.

2.  Where is he from, etc.? 
He is from Bountiful. Überfluß in German. He also says that I am the fact master. I have a fact apparently for everything.

3.  What do you think you will do to celebrate your birthday??? Spaghetti Eis again? 
I will probably drop it somewhere in the ward so some members will take the hint. If they don't take it, I will check out some other options. I think its on a Sunday this year. Maybe I will take a nap for my birthday. That would be nice...

4.  We are reading in The Book of Mormon, too.  We are finishing 2nd Nephi again.  Where are you at now? 
Oh man, probably around 2nd Nephi. The Book of Mormon challenge is beating me up right now.

5.  Who drew the tree of life chalk drawing?  That was so cool! 
That was Elder Romriel. I don't even know where he is right now. He was in Bitburg at the time.

9.  Do you speak or hear French very much where you are at now? 
Yeah, like on a daily basis. I can only say a couple sentences in French now. Like, "I don't speak French."

10.  Do you think Emma should take French or German or Spanish or Latin at Butler next year?  
In my opinion, she should take German. I am debating right now on whether I want to buy some Latin learning materials in German so I can start learning Latin. I feel like German and Latin are big stepping stones if she wants to study other languages. I would take German over Latin of course, but my perspective is a little skewed. :)

Well, I gotta go and email president. Love you and have a great week!

-- 
Elder Trevor Joseph Baker

Kirche Jesu Christi
Germany Frankfurt Mission
Corneliusstrasse 18
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment